new msktutil release (v0.5.1)

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Oct 25 01:02:40 EDT 2013

I'm pleased to announce release 0.5.1 of msktutil.

msktutil is a program for interoperability with Active Directory. It
can create computer and user accounts in Active Directory, create a
Kerberos keytab, add and remove principals to and from that keytab,
and change the computer or user account's password automatically.

A major new feature in version 0.5.1 is the --keytab-auth-as and
--allow-weak-crypto options. With these options, OpenAFS cells using
Active Directory for authentication can use msktutil to migrate away
from the original AFS rxkad encryption onto stronger encryption types
(rxkad-k5 and rxkad-kdf). Thanks to Andrew Deason and Mark Pröhl for
implementing this feature.

This release also fixes the bug with uninitialized boolean variables
leading to the wrong values used in some cases. Thanks Jaroslaw Polok
and Mark Pröhl.

Other changes from the previous release:

   Add support for clients behind a NAT firewall

   If servicePrincipalName begins with "HOST/", rewrite to "host/" (thanks
   Boleslaw Tokarski for the report)

   msktutil manual page fixes (thanks Andrew Deason and Mark Pröhl)

   Adjust --precreate to match ADUC's behavior with long account names
   (thanks Erik de Vries)

   Build fixes for HPUX and NetBSD

   Fix issue with private glibc function on RHEL5 (thanks Daniel Kobras)

   Incorporate hardening patches from Debian (thanks Tony Mancill)

The Git repository is available at:

   <http://repo.or.cz/w/msktutil.git>

You can download the 0.5.1 tarball from:

   <http://sourceforge.net/projects/msktutil/files/>

The tarballs are also available from the older location at Google
Code, but Google will be discontinuing their tarball download service
in 2014, so we are moving the tarball hosting to Sourceforge.

Please report any bugs in the Google Code issue tracker.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to 0.5.1 (bug reports, fixes, or patches):

   Andrew Deason
   Boleslaw Tokarski
   Daniel Kobras
   Erik de Vries
   Jaroslaw Polok
   Mark Pröhl
   Olaf Flebbe
   Tony Mancill

(If I've accidentally missed your name, please let me know, and I will
credit you in the next release.)