Cannot integrate AD with krb5

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Oct 24 06:02:31 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 02:35 -0700, Leo Xiao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Appreciate it very much Steve! Your blog is quite helpful for me to make
> my smb available to windows user.
>
> And now I need to check Kerberos authentication (user mapped with AD). So
> I must work on krb5 and bind.

I can't understand why you are installing bind on the ws. On the ws,
this is all you need for krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = TEST1.LOCAL
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

Make sure that:
host test1.local
returns correctly and then you should be able to:
kinit Administrator at TEST1.LOCAL

Now, simply join the domain:
net ads join -UAdminisrator
That's it!

> And must resolve the network problem between AD and Kerberos.

Check that the DNS on the ws has the w2008 DC as its main DNS.

HTH
Steve