krb5 with anonymous kinit, "Cannot allocate memory"

James Croall jcroall at coverity.com
Fri Oct 11 21:54:43 EDT 2013

Since discovering the symptoms it is reproducible every time - from
systems that are able to kinit normally, it happens when I kinit -n. From
the new systems that are trying to bootstrap, it happens when I kinit -n.

Nothing has (to my knowledge) changed on these hosts. Indeed the KDC and
normal Kerberos clients have been up for 80 days now with no
patches/updates!

I will try and capture the transaction/packets.

- James

James Croall | Senior Product Manager
Coverity | 185 Berry Street | Suite 6500, Lobby 3 | San Francisco, CA
94107
Office: 415.694.5354 | Mobile: 202.246.6613 | jcroall at coverity.com
The Leader in Development Testing