Error messages

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 11 17:51:30 EDT 2013

On 10/11/2013 03:17 PM, Rick van Rein (OpenFortress) wrote:
>> Oct 11 06:46:54 krbmaxi kadmind[1798](Error): Required parameters in kdc.conf missing while initializing, aborting
>
> It would be useful to know what it is missing.

I agree that this could be better.

>> kdb5_ldap_util: Bad encryption type while transforming master key from password
>

> Apperantly not all enctypes can function as master key, notably aes256-cts:normal cannot.

aes256-cts can definitely be used for the master key, and has been the
default for the master key since 1.8.  Something else is going on here.

I don't know if this is the problem, but the master key does not have a
salt type.  If you wanted to specify aes256-cts as the master key type,
you would just write "aes256-cts".