kinit error with systemd

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Oct 6 06:18:55 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 13:10 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 10/05/2013 12:59 PM, steve wrote:
> > When trying to get Kerberos tickets, we get an error that the directory
> > does not exist e.g.
> > as root:
> >  kinit Administrator
> >  kinit: Credential cache directory /run/user/0/krb5cc does not exist
> >  while getting default ccache
> >
> >  If I now create the directory:
> >  /run/user/0
> > it works fine.
> >
> > I'm not sure whether this is a kinit problem or a systemd problem as
> > the /run/usr/$UID directory is only produced when $UID logs in.
>
> maybe you need to use systemd's tmpfiles mechanism to pre-create
> /run/user/0 before the kinit service gets run?
>
>  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-tmpfiles.html

Hi
Thanks. It works fine. Just a pity that something like this had to
change. It worked fine when the cache was create in /tmp.

Our main problem is that the root cache cannot be created for
automounted cifs. For the same reason; the root cache directory will not
be present on a domain client.

We're testing openSUSE 13.1 beta. It seems that systemd has forced the
change, although the openSUSE guys blame kinit.

Steve