NFSv4

Tom_Krauss thomas.krauss at itserv.de
Wed Oct 2 03:30:41 EDT 2013

In my experience when mounting a kerberized nfs the key which is picked from
the keytab always depends on the implementation.
It may require a key of a certain principal or the system runs through a
list of possible names for which it looks up keys.

I.e. RHEL clients prior to release 6 use nfs/* to authenticate.

If k5start is used for access to the filesystem afaik it is possible to
specify the principal to look up keys for (-u option).