[EXTERNAL] using kerberos to authenticate for a web api

Nebergall, Christopher cneberg at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 5 11:00:05 EST 2013

mod_auth_kerb works, most of the updates nowadays come from Redhat and others within a specific linux distro.  So you can install using your distro specific package manager.   I believe redhat puts their patches in the srpms if want to compile their latest for a different platform.

>>and it would require me to have API clients deal with SPNEGO.

It validates Kerberos passwords ie, basic auth, and regular Kerberos GSSAPI, and SPNEGO GSSAPI.

-Christopher