Problem with LDAP Referrals and Kerberos LDAP Backend

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 4 00:20:33 EST 2013

On 11/03/2013 03:13 PM, Christopher Racky wrote:
>    I don't understand why this behavior is expected. For my opinion this
>    is a bug.

It's simplest to think of this as a missing feature.  If I read the code
correctly, callers of the OpenLDAP library follow referrals using
anonymous binds by default.  With additional effort, callers can control
how referrals bind.

Although I believe I know roughly how the preferred behavior could be
implemented, it would not be trivial to develop or test, so I can't give
you any guarantees as to when it might happen.