Re: Need help with PKINIT

sasikumar bodathula sasikumar.b at rediffmail.com
Mon May 20 06:50:13 EDT 2013

Hi,
 Need some assistance in proceeding further with pkinit.

Set up a kerberos server with pkinit support and tested the same with client in another machine and same has been verified with wireshark capture where the padata goes as PA-DASS and value carries the certificate.

Now tried testing the same with the client application which I have developed. In this case padata goes as PA-ENC-TIMESTAMP

Following steps where followed
1. Set the certificate information using krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_pa (set Identity, anchor and RSA flag).
2. Then tried setting the PATYPE using krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_preauth_list (KRB5_PADATA_PK_AS_REQ)

Do guide me does i missed some important ste

Best Regards,

B.Sasikumar.