moving a krb5 kdc installation from one server to another

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Mon May 13 19:46:23 EDT 2013

Are there any best practices for moving a KDC from one machine to
another?  I have a krb5 (1.9 with local changes right now) kdc backed by
openldap slapd on a machine, and want to move it to another machine.  Do
I just dump the slapd directory and load it on the other machine, make
sure the master passwords are there, and I'm done?  Is there anything I
need to look out for?  Should I try something fancy with ldap
replication or whatever to do it?  I'd rather have the server down for
an hour and a simpler process than have it live but a really complicated
replication thing right now.

Thanks,
Chris