TGT for principals getting destroyed automatically

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri May 3 02:47:15 EDT 2013

On 05/03/2013 02:17 AM, Gaurav Dasgupta wrote:
> Can you please tell me which configuration file needs to be edited and
> what should be edited in order to change the location of credential
> cache for all the principals?

Prior to the 1.11 release, there is no config file setting for the
default credential cache.  The only discovery mechanisms are the
KRB5CCNAME environment variable (which is often set by the login system,
if pam_krb5 is in use) and the hardcoded default of /tmp/krb5cc_NNNN.

In the 1.11 release, the default credential cache can be specified in
the [libdefaults] section of /etc/krb5.conf with the default_ccache_name
variable.  The value is subject to parameter expansion as described here:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/conf_files/krb5_conf.html#parameter-expansion