Windows logon Authentication using MIT kerberos(Linux)

Sean M. Pappalardo spappalardo at renegadetech.com
Thu May 2 04:58:31 EDT 2013

Hello.

On 05/02/2013 10:33 AM, Jagan kona wrote:
> I have installed MIT kerberos on Linux machine, and i want to authenticate
> windows machine user( when user logon to the workstation) with MIT kerberos
> on Linux (Authentication server). please provide me the steps i need to
> follow. i have created user in MIT KDC database.

Which version of Windows are you using? It's quite straightforward, just
make sure that your host principal only has Arcfour/HMAC as the
encryption key if you're using a Windows 2003 machine. (2008 and up
support AES.)

See this article:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2751.kerberos-interoperability-step-by-step-guide-for-windows-server-2003-en-us.aspx
and search for "Using an MIT KDC with a Stand-alone Windows Server 2003
Client"

The steps on the client side are basically the same for Windows 2008.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo