Password Ldap syncing

sergio.conrad@laposte.net sergio.conrad at laposte.net
Wed Mar 20 10:02:15 EDT 2013

Hello,
I have a problem with password encryption
There is at my work have an already in production ldap directory. The userPassword is
encrypted in {SSHA}. I am not planning to introduce some modifications into this
directory, but need the password to create Kerberos Principal.

Is there a possibility to achieve this goal ?

As a subsidiary question :
I a am planning to create a new openldap directory (independant of the first one).
In this directory, it is easy to inject SSHA encrypted password in userPassword attribut.
It is of a use to use smbk5pwd overlay in this case to link with the kerberos password ?
I think it is only working with command like ldappasswd. Is it pointless to sync SSHA
encrypted password with smbk5pwd .Have somebody got some information for this
(I know smbk5pwd is for HEIMDAL implementation of kerberos)

Thanks
Serge Conrad

Laposte.net, messager officiel du Rallye des Gazelles en 2013 ! Pour suivre le Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles et soutenir les participantes, cliquez sur www.laposte.net/thematique/rallye-des-gazelles