How to restore kerberos?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 23 20:32:27 EDT 2013

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013, kannan rbk wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I installed kerberos on  ubuntu 12.04. But ubuntu 12.04 has some problems
> it crashes frequently. So I reinstalled the ubuntu os. Now , I want to
> restore the kerberos into the machine. I  have kerberos dump and key stash
> file. How can I restore from it?
>
> FYI
>
> I forgot kerberos master key. But , I have key stash file.

This should be a matter for kdb5_util
(http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/admin_commands/kdb5_util.html)

kdb5_util -sf /path/to/stashfile load /path/to/dumpfile

Presumably you would then install the stash file in the standard location
so that the krb5kdc process will find it at startup.

-Ben Kaduk