Could you help me to resolve the Kerberos error?

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Jun 21 10:22:22 EDT 2013

For an example of java client using GSSAPI to authentic to LDAP
(Including AD and OpenLDAP servers) look at the JXplorer package and source.

Also see:
http://old.nabble.com/Problem-using-Jxplorer-wih-GSSAPI-td24837250.html

On Windows you need a krb5.ini listing the KDCs.

Can you also specify what OS,Java versions and LDAP are being used for
client, KDCs and LDAP servers.

See inline comment below too.

On 6/20/2013 8:28 PM, Zhutiemin wrote:
> PS:
>     But I use simple LDAP protocol, the result is ok.
>     So I suspect that there are some incorrectly configuration in AD.
>
>     I want to know what is the requirement of  the Kerberos authentication, especially the configuration of AD and DNS.
>
>     Thank you very much!
>
>    The following section of code is a part of the entire project:
>
>          LdapContext ctx = null;
>          String ldapURL = "ldap://" + adIp + ":" + DEFAULT_NON_SEC_PORT;
>

>          Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
>              env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
>              env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, ldapURL);
>              env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
>              env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, adminAccount);
>              env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, adminPassword);
>              env.put("java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary", "objectSid");
>
>              ctx = new InitialLdapContext(env, null);
>

>              SearchControls constraints = new SearchControls();
>              constraints.setSearchScope(SearchControls.SUBTREE_SCOPE);
> String searchFilter = "(CN=" + machineName + ")";
>
>              NamingEnumeration<SearchResult> results = ctx.search(changeDomainInfo(domain), searchFilter, constraints);
>
>            while (results.hasMoreElements())
>              {
>                  SearchResult searchResult = (SearchResult)results.next();
>                  Attributes attrs = searchResult.getAttributes();
>
>                  if (attrs != null)
>                  {
>                      Object attValue = attrs.get("objectSid").get();
>
>                      return getSIDasStringOfBytes((byte[])attValue);
>                  }
>              }

Why the admin principal and password here?

Normally GSSAPI uses existing credentials (Kerberos tickets) that the user has
already obtained during login, bu using the windows runas or by using kinit.