mod_auth_kerb, cross_realm and IE

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Thu Jun 20 08:03:10 EDT 2013

On 6/19/2013 5:44 PM, Booker Bense wrote:
> I'm working with mod_auth_kerb and from a linux box, it works fine with
> tickets from both of our realms, WIN.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU and SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
> .
>
> Browsers running on windows boxes (IE and Firefox ) fail with this error in
> the
> apache server logs.
>
> Warning: received token seems to be NTLM, which isn't supported by the
> Kerberos module. Check your IE configuration.
>
> Some googling suggests that there needs to be some configuration on the AD
> side.
>
> I know little about AD, but that post suggests that the server needs an AD
> entry
> of some kind to enable the browser to use kerberos credentials. Does anyone
> know what the appropriate entry would be for a webserver

For browsers this might help:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/Single+sign-on+Browser+configuration

You may have to add both realms and website to the list of trusted sites.
(I don't have much experience with cross realm these days.)

Also look google for: ie enable windows integrated authentication