kfw-401 kerberos client and Windows Xp

Hubert Kröss hubert.kroess at gvcc.net
Wed Jul 31 07:49:12 EDT 2013

Hello

I'm traying to integrate kfw-4.0.1 kerberos tools to Window 7 and
Windows Xp workstations. We have a MIT kerberos Infrastructur with
samba- and Ldap-Integration.

Windows7 Workstations authenticate fine with "MIT Kerberos.exe
-autoinit" and then mit2ms.exe to copy the princs in Ms-Lsa cache.
Drive mapping aginst samba-Servers works regular

On Windows Xp Wokstations authentication with "MIT Kerberos.exe
-autoinit" works but fails to copy the princs in Ms-Lsa:
mit2ms.exe gave an error: no credentials cache found while opening MS
LSA cache
So in Xp i am unable to map samba shares

I'm sure i miss some piece on Windows Xp machines

Hopefully someone can help

many thanks

Hubert

--
Hubert Kröss

Systeme | sistemi

Südtiroler Gemeindenverband Genossenschaft | Consorzio dei Comuni della Provincia di Bolzano Società Cooperativa
I – 39100 Bozen | Kanonikus-Michael-Gamper-Straße 10 | I – 39100 Bolzano | via Canonico Michael Gamper 10
T. - +39 0471 304 634 | F +39 0471 304 660
info at gvcc.net | http://www.gvcc.net