Kerberos+NFS4

John Devitofranceschi jdvf at optonline.net
Wed Jul 31 07:07:35 EDT 2013

On Jul 31, 2013, at 5:05 AM, Andreas Hauffe <andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Yes, it is a OpenSuSE 12.3 client. So this means, this is a completely normal
> behaviour?
>
> Andreas
>
> Am Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2013, 10:01:20 schrieb moritz.willers at ubs.com:
>> I assume this is a Linux client? Yes, the security context established by
>> rpc.gssd is cached. - mo

According to the man page, the security context will last for the lifetime of the Kerberos ticket used to establish it.

It seems that kdestroy does not invalidate the context and it lives on.

This should be easy to test:  just establish a ccache that expires after a few minutes, kdestroy the ccache and observe the behaviour you've described previously. Then wait for the natural ticket expiration period that you set and check again.

jd