new msktutil release (v0.5)

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Jul 1 22:06:22 EDT 2013

I'm pleased to announce release 0.5 of msktutil.

msktutil is a program for interoperability with Active Directory. It can
create computer and user accounts in Active Directory, create a Kerberos
keytab, add and remove principals to and from that keytab, and change
the computer or user account's password automatically.

A major new feature in version 0.5 is that msktutil can now manage user
accounts in addition to computer accounts. Big thanks to Mark Pröhl for
implementing this feature.

Other changes from the previous release:

   Add option to set the samba secret password

   Add option ("--realm") to specify a custom realm

   Various build fixes

   Add support for clients behind a NAT firewall

The Git repository is available at:

   <http://repo.or.cz/w/msktutil.git>

You can download the tarball from:

   <https://code.google.com/p/msktutil/>

Please report any bugs in the Google Code issue tracker.

Mark Pröhl and I now have an additional co-maintainer for msktutil, Olaf
Flebbe. Welcome, and thank you, Olaf!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to 0.5 (bug reports, fixes, or
patches):

   Austin Murphy
   Jaroslaw Polok
   Mark Pröhl
   Michael Weiser
   Olaf Flebbe

(If I've accidentally missed your name, please let me know, and I will
credit you in the next release.)