Upgrading from DES with 1.6.1 on RHEL5

Edgecombe, Jason jwedgeco at uncc.edu
Mon Jul 1 11:29:57 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm reading http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/admin/advanced/retiring-des.html

I wanted to ask if I can follow this procedure with my older MIT Kerberos KDC running krb5-server-1.6.1-70.el5. What are my options for reducing my DES usage?  I would prefer to stick with RedHat's packages and I would prefer to not upgrade the OS at this time.

FYI, we're running OpenAFS and have to keep a DES enctype on the AFs service principal.

Jason

Jason Edgecombe | Linux and Solaris Administrator
UNC Charlotte | The William States Lee College of Engineering
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704-687-1943
jwedgeco at uncc.edu | http://coe.uncc.edu |  Facebook
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone at 704-687-1943.  Thank you.