Using StartTLS with LDAP Kerberos database

povder povder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 07:09:12 EST 2013

Hi all

I'm trying to configure Kerberos to use LDAP database. My LDAP server
(OpenLDAP) is set to require TLS to bind and is configured to support
StartTLS on standard 389 port. When I try to start Kerberos KDC
service I'm getting "Confidentiality required" error in logs which is
a standard LDAP error when client tries to bind without TLS. When I
allow non-TLS binds on LDAP server everything works fine.

Is there a way to force Kerberos to use StartTLS?

Cheers
povder