Principal naming

Bob Liu hme0 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:13:28 EST 2013

You should look at it this way... primary/instance at REALM

In the case
of a user, it's the same as your username.  For a host, the primary is
the word host.

The instance is an optional string that qualifies the
primary.   In the case of a user, the instance is usually null, but a
user might also have an additional principal, with an instance called
"admin".

You might want to check out "kadm5.acl " to see how "/instance" is being used.