Strange behavior with kadmind and incremental propagation in 1.8.3

vs_krb vs.krbadm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:23:53 EST 2013

NIco

Looking at the release log for 1.8.6 from http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.8/krb5-1.8.6.html , I see the issue mentioned in this thread is addressed with that realease. I am wondering if you would still recommend folks on 1.8.6 to upgrade as well.

We are running 1.8.6 and we are planning to turn on incremental propagation. Seeing the MIT documentation and forums, I get the impression that iprop is not as stable as a straight kprop push from master to slaves(I understand it is more complicated than a simple dump of db and shooting it across). But looking at this thread, the question that I get is whether we need to go 1.11 or at least 1.10 before turning on iprop.

Thanks
VS.