Kerberised NFS v4 on DRBD

vijay patel catchvjay at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:10:50 EST 2013

Hi Friends,

Has any one tried Kerberised NFS on DRBD based NFS file servers? I am
having drbd and heartbeat setup for NFS v4. With Physical ip of the
server i am able to mount my share drives using Kerberos. When i try
using Virtual ip it is getting mounted (After making virtual ip part of
DNS record for both NFS Servers) but when i switch to secondary server i
 am getting permission denied error on client. If i unmount the share
and mount it again (which will defeat the purpose of having heartbeat),
it works but when nfs share is switched back to primary server this will
 give permission denied error.

I can understand the issue is the ticket, which client has is for
Primary nfs server and since NFS share is switched to secondary server
it is not being granted permissions. Does any one has implemented this
kind of scenario ?  How can i get this thing done without unmounting nfs
 share and remounting it again on client side?

Regards,

Vijay