Issue with Kerberos setting in Sun Solaris 10

Ray Vand ray_vand at filemaker.com
Mon Apr 22 12:45:43 EDT 2013

Thank you for your input.
I have done the following.

modify krb5.conf

default_keytab_name = /etc//krb5/krb5.keytab

Then run ktutil command

# ktutil
ktutil:  addent -password -p sapldap/ads.company.com -k 9 -e DES-CBC-MD5
Password for sapldap/ads.company.com at COMPANY.COM:
ktutil:  wkt /tmp/ray.keytab
ktutil:  list
slot KVNO Principal
---- ---- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
   1    9  sapldap/ads.company.com at COMPANY.COM
ktutil:  q
# cp /tmp/ray.keytab /etc//krb5/krb5.keytab

# kinit -t /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
Password for sapldap/ads.company.com at COMPANY.COM:
# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: sapldap/ads.company.com at COMPANY.COM

Valid starting                Expires                Service principal
04/22/13 09:33:39  04/22/13 19:33:39  krbtgt/COMPANY.COM at COMPANY.COM
	renew until 04/29/13 09:33:39
#

But when I try it with -k option, I am still getting error.

# kinit -k -t /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials
#

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards,
Ray