openssh/mit kerberos and numeric host address

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 10 02:08:48 EDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 02:39 AM, Íõ½£ wrote:
> Thanks and looking forward to your followup on this one.

So, the next release (1.12) should allow numeric host addresses, but
will skip almost all of the realm discovery mechanisms if it detects
one.  We won't bother looking up anything in [domain_realms] and will go
straight to trying a (referral-enabled) request in the default realm.

I haven't pushed the implementation to master yet, but a candidate
version is here for the moment (the last two commits on the branch):

https://github.com/greghudson/krb5/tree/numeric

They're not minimal changes, so the patch you came up with is probably
better as a temporary measure for your own purposes.