openssh/mit kerberos and numeric host address

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 4 14:24:34 EDT 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Íõ½£ wrote:

> To make sure I don't miss any necessary patch, I git-buildpackage from your modified
> debian-krb5 repository and test again.
>
> The kdc I setup is used as both client and server, using
>
> $ ssh -vvv root at 192.168.0.254
>
> RESULTS:
>
> Patched glibc package + official kerberos package = no go
> Official glibc package + patched kerberos package = no go
>
> Have you test your package in debian testing latest? My test setup is very simple and it's
> easy to reproduce.

My testing was only in wheezy.
The small, easy test for me to do is 'kvno -S host
ptr-mismatch.kerberos.org', which is improved by my patch.  I have not
tested sshing to a numeric host address nor on debian testing, though
given your experiences I probably should.

Thanks for the clarification.

-Ben