kerberos & cron - specifically nfsv4 w/sec=krb5p

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:42:29 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Frank Cusack <frank at linetwo.net> wrote:
> man rpc.gssd.

At least on my distro (CentOS 5), that man page is extremely terse.

> Another option is to allow the servers to mount via sys permission.  Your
> NFS server may or may not allow this kind of configuration.

What do you mean by sys permission?  Do you mean the old, pre-NFSv4
style of IP-only "authentication"?

That sounds like something I'd like.  As I mentioned in my previous
post, we want strict controls on mounting, and encrypted data streams.
 But beyond that, we trust the users an admins on the client machines.

> It should be the default that foo and foo/cron are equivalent for NFS
> purposes.

It doesn't seem to be the case, at least not for me.  CentOS 5 for
client machines, and CentOS 6 for the server.  Maybe this is my
problem?  Some subtle incompatibility between versions?

-Matt