improving kadmind change-password performance

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 13 17:16:51 EST 2012

Booker Bense <bbense at gmail.com> writes:

> I would want to see the profile data before I made any recommendation.
>
> " premature optimization is the root of all evil "
>
> In my experience even when you know the code base extremely well, you can
> often
> be quite wrong about where the time is actually spent.

A certain part of the test suite that creates a large number of
principals (with known passwords) became measurably slower after a
change to make supported_enctypes include AES.  I did not keep the
data around anywhere that I can recall though.