MIT Kerberos production realm = mirror/copy to a test/dev realm?

Tareq Alrashid tma at case.edu
Fri May 11 13:44:08 EDT 2012

 Greetings,

The production Kerberos realm is decades old.  Never had a “real” test/development realm until now. Don’t ask!

How to best create or mirror an existing realm of all principals and all their information, except its under a new realm for testing of all that is to be implemented in the future?

My thinking with what I know its not possible considering how everything is meshed in a combination of realm/passwords/salts…etc.

But I ask just in case I am missing something.

Insights?

Thank you,
Tareq

_____
  Tareq.Alrashid at CASE.EDU
  ITS Middleware - 10900 Euclid Avenue, Crawford 422
  Cleveland, OH 44106-7072  U.S.A.