Streamlining host principal keytab provisioning?

Sebastian Galiano Sebastian.Galiano at spilgames.com
Mon May 7 03:40:15 EDT 2012

Ok

I managed to create the database with my Kerberos Admin User.  Then I wanted to check inside the database to see if an ADMIN for wallet was there. So I checked inside the database  the table acl_entries and I got :

mysql> select * from acl_entries;
+-------+-----------+----------------------------------+
| ae_id | ae_scheme | ae_identifier
+-------+-----------+----------------------------------+
|     1 | krb5      | USER at REALM |

The USER at REALM was exactly the user I used to execute the command 'wallet-admin initialize USER at REALM'.

After that I tried to create and object using :

   wallet create keytab nfs/host.domain.org

I keep on having an : wallet: Access denied and the remctl server says:

remctld: child 6927 for 172.16.8.190
remctld: received context token (size=649)
remctld: sending context token (size=156)
remctld: accepted connection from USER at REALM (protocol 2)
remctld: argc is 4
remctld: arg 1 has length 6
remctld: arg 2 has length 6
remctld: arg 3 has length 6
remctld: arg 4 has length 29
remctld: COMMAND from USER at REALM: wallet create keytab nfs/host.domain.org
remctld: access denied: user  USER at REALM, command wallet create
remctld: quit received, closing connection
remctld: child 6927 done

So I believe, that I'm using the Wallet Admin user to create  new objects, but still seems that i dont have permissions to do it.