clock skew and preauth

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Mar 20 18:22:36 EDT 2012

Okay, I found some code in ksetpwd.c that seems to do this (although, it
stuffs a pointer to a stack variable into the opts struct and then
returns from the function, which seems kind of broken), and it looks
like this:

krb5_preauthtype preauth[] = { KRB5_PADATA_ENCRYPTED_CHALLENGE };  //
nb. ignore clock skew

krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_preauth_list(options,preauth,sizeof(preauth)/sizeof(preauth[0]));

However, this doesn't fix the problem, the KDC still says the clock skew
is too great.  Am I doing this right and it's just not going to work, or
do I need to do something more than this to get the KDC to ignore the
clock skew on preauth?

Thanks,
Chris