clock skew and preauth

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Mar 20 16:46:09 EDT 2012

For my video game that uses kerberos, I don't want to worry about clock
skew or requiring users to have synced clocks because that's a support
nightmare, but I also want to require preauth.  I just ran into a
problem where it appears preauth (at least the kind I'm using) requires
synced clocks?  Logins from a machine with the wrong time work if
-requires_preauth but I get this if +requires_preauth:

krb5kdc[2467](info): preauth (timestamp) verify failure: Clock skew too
great

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks,
Chris