Lion problems

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Mar 18 02:32:53 EDT 2012

On 18/03/12 03:19, Jaap Winius wrote:
> Quoting Tom Yu<tlyu at MIT.EDU>:
>
>> How do you suggest that we address this issue in MIT Kerberos?  (What
>> exactly is the issue?)
> The issue is that kadmin errors out when attempting to contact an MIT
> KDC (hoping to use it to create a local key table). As for a solution,
> no idea really, although I suspect replacing the Heimdal client would
> be one possibility. Another would be to beg the developers of the
> current client to make it play nice with an MIT KDC. But, if none of
> those options are reasonable, then I guess MIT users will just have to
> keep applying the same workaround I used.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jaap
> ________
Hi

We use the Samba net command to create local keytabs from our Heimdal
kdc. By default it creates host$@REALM, host at REALM and fqdn at REALM in
/etc/krb5.keytab

The command is
net ads create -UAdministrator

To add more keys use e.g. net ads add cifs -U. . .

On Linux, net is in the samba-client package.

Cheers,
Steve