Authenticate as user/instance

Tiago Elvas tiagoelvas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:59:38 EDT 2012

The domain will be made of several machines, which will be running
dedicated applications.

These applications will be operated by persons. So, for several of these
apps, we'll have profiles such as admin or user. So, in LDAP we'd have
different profiles for the admin user for each application. The same
"Operator" can have admin profile on one app and user profile on another
one. That's why the need of identify principals like this, I guess...

As an example:
Having:
- applications: Application1, Application2
- hostname: Machine1, Machine2
- users: Operator1, Operator2
- app profiles: admin, user

i.e: if *Operator1* logs into *Machine1*, he'd have access to app profile *
admin* on *Application1*
i.e: if *Operator2* logs into *Machine2*, he'd have access to app profile *
admin* on *Application2**
*
The app profiles are configured in LDAP DB.

I'll need to unserstand what "username mapping functionality of MIT krb5"
is...

thanks for your answer Nico!