Lion problems

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Sun Mar 11 16:57:24 EDT 2012

Quoting Simon Wilkinson <simon at sxw.org.uk>:

> Lion uses a Heimdal based Kerberos, rather than a MIT one. Whilst it
> does provide a shim layer to support the MIT API, the shim is far
> from complete. Many of the functions are just stubbed out, and return
> error codes.

Right, that explains things. I hope the MIT Kerberos developers are
planning to address this issue in the not too distant future, but in
the mean time I have circumvented the problem simply by creating the
necessary keytab on a different machine and copying it to the Lion
host (also to /etc/). As far as I can tell it works fine now.

Thanks,

Jaap