Lion problems

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Sun Mar 11 13:42:23 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

Today I attempted to get a Kerberos client running on Mac OS X. This
is 10.7 (Lion) system on which I had just installed a package from the
mit.edu site called Mac_OS_X_10.4_10.6_Kerberos_Extras.dmg.

I then set about modifying /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos to
look like the standard /etc/krb5.conf that I use on my network. It now
looks like this:

   [libdefaults]
         default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
         forwardable = true
         proxiable = true

   [realms]
         EXAMPLE.COM = {
               kdc = kdc1.example.com
               kdc = kdc2.example.com
               admin_server = krb.example.com
         }

The two autogen lines were also removed from the original file and I
also created a symlink to /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos called
/etc/krb5.conf.

However, it refuses to work. When I try to contact the Kerberos admin
server the following error appears:

   kadmin: kadm5_init_with_password: init_sec_context failed with
851968/-1765328189

Any suggestions towards a solution for this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaap