Error: krb5_set_password_using_ccache failed (Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm)

Simon Dwyer mail at simmyd.net
Thu Mar 8 16:24:03 EST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 07:20 +1100, Simon Dwyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 07:11 +1100, Simon Dwyer wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reply Ken,
> > >
> > > here is an output of me changing my password.
> > >
> > > [root at squid-k net]# kpasswd
> > > Password for asdwyer at OURCOMPANY.EXAMPLE:
> > > Enter new password:
> > > Enter it again:
> > > Password changed.
> > >
> > > so that seems to work well.
> > >
> > > I will get a wireshark dump this morning and have a look.
> > >

> > > Simon
> >

> > Seems this caused my account to be locked out.
> >
> > [root at squid-k net]# kinit asdwyer
> > kinit: Clients credentials have been revoked while getting initial
> > credentials
>

> Seems to have broken my AD account too.  When i unlock the account it
> will relock everytime i try to log in after.
>
> Will get the windows guys here to look at that.

Sorry for the confusion but the password change went great.  There was
something else tied to that account which caused it to lock out.

So i have shown that the kpasswd works.  I have a tcpdump of the traffic
when the original request fails.  Is there something i should be looking
for or someone happy to have a look for me?

Simon