help - pkinit preauth [Public]

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:52:30 EST 2012

Sylvain Girod <s.girod at cerberis.com> writes:

> All seem ok, I get an AS-REP with a ticket, but I have an error:

> pam_krb5(login:auth): (user Administrateur) krb5_get_init_creds_password: Decrypt integrity check failed

Just to double-check, you have a Kerberos principal in your realm named
Administrateur at FIM.LOCAL with exactly that spelling and capitalization?

Make sure you can kinit as that principal as a test outside of PAM.

> I found this error say it can’t decrypt the ticket in the AS-REP. What
> is the possible cause for this issue ?

Usually it means an incorrect password, but it can also mean a mismatch
between the authentication identity and the Kerberos principal name.