new msktutil release (v0.4.1)

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Mar 1 18:54:35 EST 2012

I'm pleased to announce release 0.4.1 of msktutil.

msktutil is a program for interoperability with Active Directory. It
can create a computer account in Active Directory, create a system
Kerberos keytab, add and remove principals to and from that keytab,
and change the computer account's password automatically.

Changes from previous release:

   User-visible changes:
   Fix a LDAP SASL error to be non-fatal. (Thanks to James Knight and
   Thomas Bodenmann). James pushed this fix to Git, but it was not in
   any released version.

   Fix --enctypes when used with Win2K3. Win2k3 doesn't support the
   msDS-supportedEncryptionTypes ldap field, and in such a case, the
   local variable holding what encryption types to use didn't get
   properly updated.  (Thanks to James Knight and Thomas Bodenmann).
   James pushed this fix to Git, but it was not in any released version.

   Other build-related changes:
   The compiler steps in the Makefile are now more verbose to give
   greater visibility into the build process.

   Rely on autoconf to find the proper Kerberos and LDAP $LIBS flags.

   Add a --with-krb5-config option to determine the appropriate
   compilation flags. (With help from Russ Allbery.)

For the present the Git repository remains at:

   <http://repo.or.cz/w/msktutil.git>

You can download tarballs from:

   <https://code.google.com/p/msktutil/>

I'm working on getting the package submitted into Fedora and EPEL, at

   <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/713313>

James Knight was the most recent in a long line of maintainers for the
msktutil project, and I want to say thank you to him and the other
maintainers recognized in the README (Dan Perry, Brian Elliott Finley,
Doug Engert). I welcome any patches or help with maintenance.