Question about LDAP backend

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 25 12:13:34 EDT 2012

On 07/25/2012 05:26 AM, Javier Palacios wrote:
> But looks like ldapi is just ignored by kdb5_ldap_util. Does anyone else
> have some idea or should I file a bug report?

We don't have support for SASL authentication in our LDAP back end, so
the KDC can't use SASL EXTERNAL to autobind over ldap.  So you still
have to specify a BIND DN and password like you would normally.

We do have a submitted patch to support SASL authentication from a while
back, but integrating it will take some work.