What platform does krb5 support. And does it support dynamic libraries on all platforms?

Oliver Loch o.loch at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 11:33:14 EDT 2012

Hello,

IMHO the problem is not if you're able to compile Kerberos on that platform.

IMHO you start running into problems if the applications don't support it.

E.g.: OpenSSH supports Kerberos (Heimdal/MIT) on a lot of plattforms. If the sshd on your OS doesn't support it, you're lost.
Same goes for stuff like "pluggable authentication modules (PAM)" and such.

OpenBSD doesn't use PAM so you can run into trouble there (iirc).

cu