realm creation - scripting - prompted for KDC database master key

Quirin Maier quirin.maier at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 29 09:30:54 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm new to this mailinglist.

I'm writting an automated script to setup kerberos with ldap backend.

When I come to the point to setup my kerberos realm I'm prompted to enter
kdc master key:

---
kdb5_ldap_util -D cn=admin,dc=mydomain,dc=org -w mypassword create -r
MYDOMAIN.ORG -s
Initializing database for realm 'MYDOMAIN.ORG'
You will be prompted for the database Master Password.
It is important that you NOT FORGET this password.
Enter KDC database master key:
---

I don't want to be prompted for a password. How can I pass the kdc master
password to kdb5_ldap_util within my script?

Thank you in advance!