klogind: User nikhil@KERBEROSHCU.COM is not authorized to login to account kerberosehcu

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 27 01:46:44 EST 2012

Nikhil Kumar <nikhil.kumar.tiwari at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to install kerberos authentication system on my
> system. While i am getting ticket and try to login error is something
> like

> "klogind: User nikhil at KERBEROSHCU.COM is not authorized to login to account
> kerberosehcu."

The *real* answer to your overall issue is probably "don't use Kerberos
rsh or rlogin, as they're mostly not maintained, and instead use OpenSSH
configured to support GSS-API authentication."

> kerberosehcu at kerberosehcu:~$ krb5-rsh -x -PN krb1.kerberoshcu.com
> klogind: User nikhil at KERBEROSHCU.COM is not authorized to login to account
> kerberosehcu.

Are you sure that you mean to try to log on to the kerberosehcu account
and not a nikhil account?

If you do, then you need to create a .k5login file in the kerberosehcu
home directory and put nikhil at KERBEROSHCU.EDU in that file.  See the
k5login man page for more information.  (Which may be a .k5login man
page.)