new 1.10 krb5_init_context_profile

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 00:23:53 EST 2012

On 02/14/2012 06:17 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:
> Okay, it looks like you're supposed to supply a vtable to do this, but
> man, that's a ton of duplicate code to do all the relation stuff.

If you want to implement a fully general relation table, sure.  But if
you just want to supply specific variables asked for by libkrb5, I don't
think a profile vtable needs to be very much code.

> I'd obviously rather not have to modify the API, but I really don't want
> to write and test a bunch of code that could just be using the current
> profile relation code without modification...either by just using the
> passed in profile without copying it, or by having a flag on the profile
> that didn't always try to treat it as a file.

In principle I'd be okay with making libprofile support memory-only
profiles (which could then be copied without having to reference the
filesystem), probably via passing a null files argument to
profile_init().  In practice, I think the implementation might get a
little tangled.