new 1.10 krb5_init_context_profile

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Tue Feb 14 17:31:50 EST 2012

You may recall a while back I hacked 1.9.x to accept an in-memory
dynamic profile, and I'm now upgrading to 1.10, and trying to make the
official krb5_init_context_profile work, but I'm having some issues.  I
figured I'd send this mail out while I spelunk further to parallel
process...and get an email in the archives on the topic.

Basically, I added a profile_init_empty() that would make an in-memory
profile with all the necessary bits initialized and the right flags set
so nothing was written to a file.  I named the first_file prf_data
"dynamic" since it needed a name.  If I just use this code, the copy
inside krb5_init_context_profile tries to open a file named "dynamic"
which obviously doesn't work.

If I try to use profile_init_flags with a 0 file, the "emtpy" profile
returned can't be used by any of the profile_add_relation functions
because they crash because there's no first_file in the structure.

Is there an example of how to do an in-memory profile correctly?

Thanks,
Chris