version krb5support_0_MIT not defined

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Tue Feb 14 13:13:47 EST 2012

On 2/14/12 7:35 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> On 2/14/2012 2:41 AM, Carson Gaspar wrote:
>> [ much DLL hell deleted ]
>>
>> In general, it is death to link any PAM module against non-system
>> libraries. Just try it on Solaris, and you'll see different (but still
>> fatal) errors (yes, the Solaris linker is better, but GIGO still applies).
>
> Carson, we've had MIT Kerberos built in /usr/rcf-krb5 for
> 2 years now on Solaris 10 SPARC. Our pam_krb5 and pam_afs_session
> modules link to it and work fine.  Our OpenAFS client builds
> against it as well.

When I tried it (long ago, back when Solaris was missing krb5 headers,
so it may behave differently now), I was trying to link sshd against MIT
GSSAPI libs. If the Solaris kerberos pam module was in my pam stack, it
crashed. (Note I was doing the opposite of what you were - app with
self-built libs, system pam with system libs).

--
Carson