version krb5support_0_MIT not defined

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 8 16:39:46 EST 2012

Tom Yu <tlyu at MIT.EDU> writes:

> This tells me that pam_krb5.so directly lists libcom_err.so.3 as a
> dependency, but not libkrb5_support.so.0.

This, in turn, would be because of krb5-config:

windlord:~> krb5-config --libs
-L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -Wl,-z,relro -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err

(ignore the first -L, which is an artifact of Debian multiarch and a minor
bug in Debian's krb5 packages, which I'll go file).

krb5-config lists -lcom_err as an explicit dependency, but not
-lkrb5support.

I don't recall if there are any Debian-specific patches in this area or if
this matches standard MIT Kerberos behavior.