mapping principal name to local unix account name

Roland C. Dowdeswell elric at imrryr.org
Tue Dec 18 09:01:08 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 05:20:23PM -0800, Jim Shi wrote:

> Hi, I checked the KDC source code, it seems to have code to
> support database-based mapping of principal names to unix account
> names.
> But I can not any document  to configure KDC to use it. Where
> can I find the information?  Can someone please tell me how to
> configure KDC to use database mapping as well as to setup the
> mapping database?

If you are talking about the ANAME_DB logic, that's in the client
libraries not the KDCs.  There was a discussion about it a while ago

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/krbdev/2010-September/009417.html

I don't think that the patch proposed was integrated but I may have
missed it.

In the current development sources, Heimdal has plugin architecture
for both krb5_aname_to_lname() and krb5_kuserok() which can consult
databased, though, if that is an option.  You can use CDB for
krb5_aname_to_lname() by using the following plugin:

https://github.com/elric1/h5l_an2ln_cdb

This will provide a simple mapping from authenticated names (i.e.
Kerberos principals) to local names (i.e. UNIX accounts).

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://Imrryr.ORG/~elric/