anonymous kerberse uses and expectations

D'Oyley.Paul paul.doyley at igt.com
Mon Dec 10 14:47:12 EST 2012

Hi all,
My understanding of anonymous kerberos is that is will provides a method that will allow a script to register a host principle without having an identity.

My Objective: Kerberized access for admins, users and and applications in our EC2 virtual host environment.

I'd like to register the host when the virtual instance is created.  I had thought with the anonymous version, I would be able to remotely register the host in the KDC providing I had Pkinit configured correctly. From there I'd like to automate kadmin, and generate the keytab.

I feel this may not be possible using the current tool set.  Do I have the correct expectations?

Thank you,
Paul D.